Thursday, July 15, 2010

For Brittany and Randy

Some people have really missed my blogs and I admit, I've kinda missed writing them. How long has it been now?? I am sorry and will try to update this thing as much as I can now thanks to my sister's blog. I don't really have a choice since she claims she will kill me dead if I don't start writing again.

I kinda fell off the blog bandwagon for some reason. Once you start getting lazy it just turns into procrastination which only gets worse with time. I haven't written in my journal either which is a shocker to me since I love that even more and have had an abundant amount of wasted time to do so. *shrug* I don't know. I've been in an anti-writing funk the last few months, I guess.

A lot has happened since the last time I wrote. I feel like that was years ago. Dustin and I went on our honeymoon to Tokyo in February and it was everything and more than I could ever dream of. It was, by far, the best trip we've ever taken in our lives. We spent a lot of time in Disneyland (duh) and got the most out of our money by me graciously injuring my knee. If you follow me on facebook or talk to me at all, you know how we pulled that off. I did really injure myself...at first. haha

Dustin is away right now on his first (and hopefully last for at least awhile) deployment. It's been really hard on me since we've never been apart for this long. The first 3 weeks I cried pretty much every day. Now I'm kinda numb from it and even though I still get into my moods from time to time, I have no more tears left to cry. I'm all friggin' cried out.

We're halfway done with this loneliness and then my baby will come back to me in September. And oh, the joy that will be brought into the Santillan household once again! This has definitely turned out to be a hard journey. I've learned some things about myself though. I've learned that I don't enjoy being in the house by myself at all anymore. Any free time is spent watching movies on the computer and sleeping...a lot. I've learned that I cannot handle walking two dogs at the same time but somehow I'm managed it with limited pain to myself. I've also learned what amazing friends I've made here. They really have my back and without them I would be suffering a whole lot more.

So I've grown closer to the friends I have in the last 2 months, but I have also made some new life long pals. I met my new BFF, Michael, the weekend after Dustin left. He's friends with my good friend, Ivan, who I know from him coming to my job so often and because he's the tallest person on the island. He's kinda hard to forget. These two guys have been my weekend buddies every weekend since Dustin left. These are probably the first guys here I've felt really close to since leaving Idaho. It makes me miss all of those guys too. But when the 3 of us get together we just laugh forever and even if we end up at The Banyan Tree for the night we still have a blast.

Michael came into my life just at the right time. He really is my best friend here and it's been so much fun hanging out with him. He always makes sure I'm having fun when we go out and makes me laugh to the point of tears. He's also very protective of me which is pretty cute. If he sees a guy he doesn't know talking to me he'll come over and pull me away. He feels like its his job or something to make sure I'm looked after while Dustin is away. It's funny but it also makes me feel special in a way. The only issue I have is that he's moving back to the states in September and Dustin won't be able to meet him. It's very upsetting and I'm gunna bawl my eyes out when he leaves. I won't know what to do with myself after he's gone. I just thank God that he brought Michael into my life at such a tough time.

That's basically all that I've been doing. I'll post more when I get out and have some adventures. I have a few things coming up that I may write about. I'll also get back to posting pictures of everything. I feel accomplished having written this. Thanks Britt!

No comments:

Post a Comment