Monday, September 07, 2009

Raise your hand if you like the weekends!

I've gotten a little behind on my posts and it makes me sad. My job has been working me like crazy, I tell you! I'm one of two cashiers right now because LaNishia is going to Hawaii for awhile. We do have two new girls but we just started training them yesterday so they can't be alone for probably another two weeks. So yea...lots of work. And I don't think I'm even ready to train anyone! And I'm training both of them!

Anywho, two weekends ago we finally had a Santillan adventure! It was a Saturday but I only had to work until 8:30. So we will begin at my lovely job.

Dustin showed up with the camera...much to my dismay.

I'm actually being productive here! Can you believe it??

Everyone will think this shot is sexy. Who doesn't love a wrinkly double chin??

Off to American Village for dinner! Hello Ferris wheel of love!

He's excited to be alive.

This is one of our favourite restaurants. We have no idea what it's called cause it's in Japanese. We call it Ninja Kitty though. Can you see why?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm???

They gots good water here.


The best sushi ever! Don't mind the baggies under my eyes. It was a long day at work.

I cannot even tell you how good this is. The fish is beyond fresh and it's made by real Japanese hands. And it's only about 6 bucks.

Sweet Jesus.

And because I needed more raw fish in my dinner, I got a raw tuna and avocado salad. It was super yummy.

Dustin's amazing fried rice.

Next up, a walk around American Village.

Prettiful ferris wheel.


We stopped in at Yogurtland and boy, was it crowded. It was Saturday after all. Yogurtland is from California but just opened up here. It has many super amazing flavors and a crazy amount of toppings. And the best part is, it's all self serve!

Mostly Americans here like always.

Us idiots need directions.

Mine's on the right! I have cookies and cream, pomegranate & raspberry tart, and peanut butter. I have no idea what toppings are on there. I grabbed almost everything. It cost over $8 just for my cup! But totally worth it. I heart frozen yogurt.

Dustin's concentrating hard on stirring his concoction.

Oh yum! And yes, those are figs in there.

Oh, this is cool. In the bathroom stalls they have baby seats. For your baby. Or your purse.

Don't powder your nose, flick water off your finger, or be an old lady with a bad back.

This was the most exciting part of the night for me. We finally decided to ride the ferris wheel! You buy your ticket (500 yen) in this vending machine.

Damn, was I excited. I'd been wanting to ride the ferris wheel since we first moved here. And it wasn't too hot (finally!) to ride it.

It's huge! I mean, it's no London Eye but it's bigger than theme park and carnival ferris wheels.

"Getting on the wind, I would like to travel as I wish" Words to live by bitches!

On the ferris wheel Dustin made me hate his face.

Then I made everyone hate mine.


They had little fans in every little...car. Are they cars? Compartments? I don't know. All I know is that they were right to give us the Mickey and Minnie one.

Looking down at different parts of American Village.

Kinda blurry but that big black space in the East China Sea.

Movie theater that we saw Harry Potter in.

Ewwwwwwwww! This was my idea. And for that, I apologize.


I see you Ninja Kitty!

Hello Kitty! One of the first things we noticed when we got off the ferris wheel.

It was a ride thingy of course. And of course Dustin had to go and try fit into it. Actually...I told him to do it.
After all these shenanigans, we took a cab back to my job to actually party for once. It was fun but kinda weird. I know and am friendly with all the security guards and managers now so I didn't wanna drink too much and have them all see it. And then have to hear about it for days at work. But it was all good and it's pretty cool having a job that I can go and party at. I pretty much dig working there.
All in all, it was an extremely fun night. But that was only the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment