Thursday, September 03, 2009

The love is just boiling in my heart as I write this

Ladies and gentlemen, I have a new obsession! And if you know me you also know that when I like something I realllllly like it. It completely consumes all my thoughts and many of my actions. Sometimes it's a just a faze but a lot of the time the obsession never goes away. Like the love I've always had for miniature things or all things Harry Potter.

Well, this new obsession I've gotten is actually a bit different. It's a person. His name is Mickey Rooney and I would like to marry him. If I was the age I am now but lived in the 1940's.

I caught Babes on Broadway last month on TCM and have been hooked since. I knew I liked Mickey Rooney before because he's the voice of Santa in some of my favourite Christmas movies of all time. But lordy, I had no idea he was more talented and wonderful than I could've ever imagined. He made me start up Netflix again.


And now I've got Rooney on the brain 24/7. I've rented a few of his lovely movies with Judy Garland from Netflix but am now taking a break. Not for me of course. I can't get enough. But Dustin's enjoying the movies as well and I don't want him to start to get tired of me squealing every time Mickey Rooney's goofy face appears on TV. Or on youtube. Thank you youtube!
Do yourself a favor, and please rent everything Mickey Rooney has ever done and watch the magic with me. If you enjoy Rupert Grint's face (Kelly) than I guarantee you will love Mickey Rooney. They're practically the same person. But different times. And Mickey can sing, dance and play piano and drums. So he's more talented. But basically the same person.
Also, go buy Pete's Dragon. It just came out on DVD and Mickey Rooney plays a crazy drunk old man which is basically playing himself.
Maybe go out and buy Breakfast at Tiffany's. He plays a stereotypical Asian landlord and it's very racist but still delightful. Actually, it's pretty awful. Maybe don't see this one.


Oh dear. I hope this crazy bastard stays alive forever.

1 comment:

  1. I will check out Mickey Rooney on your intense suggestion!

    ReplyDelete