Thursday, June 11, 2009

Back on Asian soil

I got back to Okinawa two nights ago and I am happy to be home. It was a sigh of relief when we realized that we actually missed this place. It's pretty damn wonderful here and it totally feels like home. Our house, on the other hand, doesn't feel right. It doesn't suit us and just doesn't feel exactly homey. Kinda depressing but we'll get over it. We don't plan on living in this place the entire time we're here in Okinawa.

I blogged a grand total of ONE time during my trip. I was too busy and stressed to be bothered at all. So I will try to blog as much about the trip (that I can actually remember) as possible in the next couple of weeks. I'll probably just do a bunch of short-ish blogs about various things. And then a giant post about the whole reason we went to NY in the first place. Our wedding. I have quite a few pictures as well that I need to upload.

Besides all the stress of the wedding, I had an amazing time. It was so nice to be in New York for over a month and see basically everyone. I got to see people I haven't seen since I got kicked out and I got to hang out with some friends that I've kept in touch with the most. I learned how to ride the subway(finally) all by myself and did some majorly touristy things that us New Yorkers usually don't bother to do. I got to spend time with both my families and see them meet and interact with each other for the first time.

I guess I am glad we did this. I still don't wanna ever do it again and I still don't think planning a wedding is worth all the stress I went through. I ended up hating so many people in all of this as well. I even got to that point where I completely broke down and was screaming and hysterically crying at Dustin in the car, saying that I totally regretted my decision to have the wedding. It got that bad. The ceremony was beautiful and the reception was a total blast but had I known ahead of time all the crap I would go through to get there I wouldn't have had the thing at all.

But it was nice to see all of our friends and family together in one place and having fun. My main goal for the wedding was for it to be the best party I've ever thrown. And I think I accomplished that. Only little bro Brandon had a crappy time because he was overly tired and the music was making his head hurt. :( I felt pretty bad for him but I wished he had at least danced with me once.

Since we've been back:

-I scolded Dustin for leaving the house a mess and then proceeded to stress over how gross things were
-We found that, in our absence, ants AND ticks have taken over our house
-We haven't gotten Apollo back from the kennels yet because they have retarded hours. But we will be reunited in about an hour and I cannot wait!
-We bought a set of orange Rachel Ray cookware and I also passed out from the excitement
-We opened the gifts that people sent us from our Target.com registry and then I totally passed out from the excitement of even more brand new kitchen supplies
-It's waaaay more humid here than I could've ever imagined
-I've been waking up early and then getting sad because I miss the Littles and my Idahomies
-I've been having spurts of overwhelming excitement over the thought of our Tokyo Disney honeymoon (we may take a cruise as well!)

Now I gots to do some laundry and get ready for my Apollo to come home to me. Until laterzzzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment