Wednesday, August 05, 2009

But WHY???

Can someone please tell my why Okinawa feels it's necessary to be this humid here every day during the summer?? I really don't know how the locals deal with 98% humidity and still leave their homes! I can't stand it at all and I have 3 more summers like this to suffer through.

I don't like it when I walk to the gym at 7am so I can "beat the heat" just to show up at the gym literally dripping in sweat. I have to cool off before I start working out! It's ridiculous. And then I have to make the mile walk back home afterwards when I'm worn out and it's even more hot and humid outside. The walk takes much longer going home.

Apparently Okinawa is more humid than Hawaii and other such tropical islands. Where does Okinawa get off thinking this weather is a good idea??? Honestly. I've never been anywhere where my sunglasses fogged up every time I stepped outside. I've never lived anywhere where the walk from my front door to my car seems like a never ending journey that leaves me sweating my balls off and very very cranky about it.

Thank goodness there's beaches here.

No comments:

Post a Comment