Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Too many cupcakes and no one to eat it

I get overwhelming urges to bake things a couple times a week. It's starting to get to be a real problem though. I bake too much and then have a million cupcakes or cookies without anyone to consume them. I end up throwing at least half of them away. It's such a shame and it makes me wanna cry every time. I need therapy. For compulsive baking.

Last week I made carrot cake cupcakes with caramel frosting. I should've halved the recipe since I ended up with about 3 dozen cupcakes. I put a few unfrosted ones in the freezer because they actually ended up tasting more like muffins than cupcakes and would make an awesome breakfast. I threw out a bunch of the frosted ones today and it was extremely hard to do because they were so damn good. :( They had pineapple and coconut in them and everything.





*sigh* So pretty when they were first made. I messed up the frosting a tad and made it too soupy so I had to keep these in the fridge at all times after they were done.
This weekend we went to a going away party for one of the guys that Dustin works with. He's also one of the few guys we've actually hung out with so I wasn't too pleased with the news that he was leaving. But anyways, I wanted to bring my millions of carrot cake cuppies to the party BUT the party was on the beach and I knew for a fact that the frosting didn't stand a chance against the heat and humidity of this island.
So I made different cupcakes. I made 2 dozen chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting. I wanted to play it safe and pick a recipe that I knew would come out awesome and that I wouldn't fudge up. It was a good choice. And it was a great hit at the party. Sadly though, we didn't stay long and ended up still taking about 6 or 7 cupcakes home that night.

Can someone please come and visit us so I can bake things and not have to see them go to waste?? You have no idea how perfect that'll make my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment