Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Tale of Two Cameras

Getting married was a good idea. It got me to live in Japan. It gave me someone to cook for. It gave me someone who is constantly nice to me.

Most importantly, getting married to Dustin got me a new camera!

A few days ago he came home with a black Nikon CoolPix and tried to hide it in the bedroom. He ended up just giving it to me a few minutes later because I knew he had it and was extremely excited. And there was no way he could've hidden it for a whole week until my birthday.

But let me tell you, this camera is better than I could've imagined. I have been sick of my pink Polaroid camera since I got it 2 years ago. It's total crap. It took a few O.K. pics over the years but it frustrated me more than anything. I hate it.


Oh! But look at my prettiful new camera! So shiny and thin. And it can actually take pictures at night! Stupid Polaroid never stood a chance if it was even remotely dark out. I missed out on a lot of cool night scenes the last two years.

And don't get me started on close ups of food! The Polaroid was just alright when it came to that but once I got my new camera in my hands I realized we had a beautiful journey ahead of us. A food close ups journey.


I just so happened to make pecan pie bars that day right before Dustin got home. Here's a shot of them with my old camera. Pretty blurry right??


And here's the new camera. Beautiful, right? So beautiful that I'm planning on writing a whole other blog about these bars just so I can showcase all of the beautiful pictures I took of them. It doesn't hurt that they were insanely delicious as well.

I quickly scrambled to find more food to take pictures of. Here's some peanut butter cookies I made recently of only sugar, eggs, and peanut butter.

Look at this closeup! I was doing happy dances like you wouldn't believe! This is all I really wanted in life people. Good, clear shots of food. It's all anyone really wants actually.
Here's a picture from our balcony.

My old camera never could've managed a freakin' sunset!
Then Dustin took the camera when he went to walk Apollo and took this cute picture of our casa. We live in the top right part. Going up those stairs is brutal in this humidity.
Our silly Toyota Windom. Yea, it's white. And no, we'll probably never clean it.

Geckos are everywhere here! Look how happy this one is. He kinda looks like a Jim Henson Muppet. There are also some sort of baby iguana that we've seen a few times.

Oh. This is Dustin's face close up that I wanted to do. I regret it now.

Cute Apollo! I love this one.

Something I always wanted to do since Dustin proposed. I really love my ring and I just wanted a good picture of it. Sure, that was before everyone had actually seen it but whatever. I still did it.

Upon closer inspection of this picture, I realized that I had a pecan pie bar crumb stuck in it. Thanks new camera!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, that crumb almost looks fake! Yay new camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New camera! Hooray!! Happy birthday btw guurrllll, call me sometime!

    ReplyDelete