Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The few pictures I took on Christmas...

Although we claimed this would be "THE BEST CHRISTMAS EVERRRRRRR!!" we kinda failed. Don't get me wrong, this Christmas was pretty much perfect for us this year as far as Christmases without friends or family goes. But it wasn't, by any means, the best or even one of the best that we've had.


Swaroski Crystal Mickey necklace! By far, my favourite gift from Dustin.

But it was nice. We opened presents, snuggled and watched Christmas movies. Then fell asleep numerous times during the movies that we originally were so excited to watch. Then I gathered up the strength to make a mini-feast for Dustin and I. Dustin actually helped me in the kitchen which was awesome because I almost said, "'eff it! I'm too tired and lazy to cook!". I'm glad we did though because everything was delicious. I made this awesome corn casserole, my sweet potatos, ham, and cream cheese mashed potatos (Mommy O'Brien's recipe :)). Then we ate waaaay too much and got sleepy again.







That's when my mom called. lol. I was able to hear everyone open their presents from us and their excited reactions. That was probably the highlight of the day for me. I'm glad I'm so good at buying people gifts. Just hearing the younger kids laughing with excitement over the things I got them, makes paying the thousands of dollars in shipping totally worth it. OK, I exagerated just a tad. But shipping was a buttload. Next year I'm just ordering everything from amazon.uk.com. Or sending money and gift cards.

Later on we called Dustin's family hoping to get our revenge on them for calling us a bunch of times starting at 7am that morning. I was furious because I had worked until 230am the night before and I just hate being woken up in general because I suck at sleeping anyways. I almost cried when my phone rang the second time an hour later and asked Dustin why his mom was being such a meany head and how come she didn't like us anymore. I tend to get dramatic when I'm cranky. I also tried to convince him to "disown her". You know, normal early morning tantrum talk. Merry Christmas!

So we planned to call Dustin's mom and wake her up super early like she did to us. We called when it was 530am her time, thinking she would be dead asleep and hopefully as cranky as I was when we's scream festive greetings into her ear. Surprisingly to us, she answered the phone and actually seemed wide awake. Let me tell you...that was a HUGE disappointment. But never fear, we will get our revenge some day! Just you wait and see. But, we did end up talking to her and the rest of the family for pretty much the rest of the night. We were able to listen to them open up their presents from us as well and I think we did a pretty damn good job. Unless, everyone's just really amazing actors.

So, it was a lazy day that started off with some rage but I was quite content by the time we got to bed. There are so many things that made this year better than last year. List time!

1) We were in an actual home with all our things
2) We were able to decorate and even had two trees this year!
3) Dustin was able to have his cinnamon bun Christmas breakfast tradition
4) I was able to bake cookies and share them with people at work
5) I was able to bake and make Christmas dinner!
6) Since we have cable, we were able to watch all the Christmas shows and movies that we love
7) We had phones to call family! That's the most important of course!
8) We have a dog to spoil with his own stocking
9) I wasn't suffering from a crazy allergy attack
10) We have so much to look forward to in the new year :)

2 comments:

  1. Robo-MicMouse has an antenna...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom (Dustin's that is)January 4, 2010 at 11:46 PM

    I apologize for waking you up. I didn't know you had to work the night before. I was trying to kill time while sitting in a gas station with other snowbound people in the worst blizzard in Oklahoma since the 1800's (seriously!)Luckily, we were rescued by family after about 4 hours and were able to be together with everyone on Christmas Eve like we hoped. So it was the best Christmas ever here. The only ones missing were you! But, we hope to join you at Christmas in 2011!

    ReplyDelete