Monday, April 27, 2009

Chopsticks

I posted awhile back that we bought our own chopsticks but then didn't supply pictures because of my crappy camera. My camera is still a piece of poop but I figured out how to make it work a little bit better. How, you ask? I read the manual. I couldn't be bothered with it when I first got my camera from Dustin for my 21st birthday almost 2 years ago. I just didn't have the time or focus to sit down with it. I wish I did though.

First up, these are MY chopsticks. When I saw them I just knew we would have a beautiful future together. Because of course I needed chopsticks that looked like candy! They came in pretty much every colour combination you could think of but I needed pink.

Sometimes I think about bringing them everywhere with me so I can use them at restuarants instead of the disposable ones. But if I put them into my purse I'll probably never see them again and then I would be beyond depressed.

These are Dustin's chopsticks. Deffinetly not as cool as mine but decent. His came in many different colours too. The design that is. He doesn't use them as often because he doesn't eat as much sushi or noodles as me. Surprisingly, I'm braver as far as trying strange new foods. Most Okinawan foods Dustin won't even touch if he doesn't know what it is. And if it smells even the teeniest bit fishy, fugetaboutit.

For some reason Dustin was also allowed to get a cute little chopstick rest. Maybe I didn't want one. I really don't remember. But he hasn't used his at all so I don't think he really deserves it.
I'm weird when it comes to chopsticks. I know how to use them correctly but some days my fingers just don't wanna do it that way. They want to try a way that they think will be more comfortable but then causes me to drop everything and for my arthritis to act up. But only on some days. It's weird. I think it's because I also don't hold a fork the way everyone in the world does. I use far too many fingers because god forbid I drop the fork and my apple crumble doesn't make it to my mouth. I would die from shock, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment