Sunday, April 12, 2009

Santillans can cook, dontcha know

What do you do when you can't fall asleep? I tend to make up new outfits and new recipes in my head to lull myself to sleep. It's totally normal. The other night I was thinking about food as I was falling asleep and decided that I had to make mini apple pies the next day. If I didn't make them I would DIE.

I'm not kidding.
The dough was a Martha Stewart recipe but everything else was all me. I made them in a muffin tin. Aren't they so friggin cute?!




How can you resist that?? You can't. It tasted soooo good. But then I put vanilla bean ice cream on top and promtly passed the fuck out.

With the leftover chopped apples I made apple crumble. The coolest thing (besides the pies being miniature) was that I only used 3 apples. Granted, the apples are huge here, but still.
When Dustinface got home we decided to make our own soup. Actually, I decided to make it when I was trying to fall asleep the night before and had a general idea of what I wanted to put in it. We needed to clean out our pantry.
There was a lot of Santillan teamwork that went into this tasty dinner. I have the know-how and Dustin is really good at seasoning "to taste". We were very proud of ourselves. It's sad that we won't ever be able to make this exact meal again because we didn't bother to measure or write anything down.

But we have a buttload of leftovers in the freezer!
I love being married to someone that can cook.

1 comment: