Sunday, April 12, 2009

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas...

For some reason that song has been stuck in my head all day. But anyways.

Happy Easter!!!!
It's been a very tiring day for me. I've been cooking non-stop since 9am and I'm pretty much exhausted. But it was worth it. I wanted to make us a "feast" since we didn't get to have one on Christmas and I needed an excuse to cook a lot of food. It was fun for me. It calms my anxiety attacks down for some reason too. This is our first Easter together where we actually celebrated it.

Yesterday, after seeing Monsters Vs. Aliens (go see it! Right now. I don't care what time it is. Get off your hiney and drive yourself to the movies and see it right this instant!), we came home and painted some eggs.
We went for the crackle method that I read about on another blog and they came out quite nicely I think. Plus, now I have all these wonderful gel food colourings that I can play with.

You simply take a hard boiled egg and make cracks in the shell all over before you dye it.

When you take the shell off the egg it will have these pretty (and blurry) lines all over it.

Cool, huh?

Oh, and make sure you have a Proactive face mask on while you peel the shells off. Trust me.

We almost wanted to keep these just to look at. Almost.

So cool. Some of the eggs were a totally different colour underneath the shell too. I don't remember which ones though.

Then you can make tasty deviled eggs that are also pretty!

Mickey informs me that it's now time to make some chocolate cookies with chocolate coffee ganache on top.

He was right. And so I did.

And then I sprinkled some coconut on top and put some birdie eggs (almond M&Ms) on them. Just for kicks. And also because I want to go into a sugar coma today.

What's this I see? Making an Easter breakfast of carrot cake pancakes????

Why yes indeedy do! What else would I make for Easter breakfast?

Even though I would like to kill him in his sleep, I brought Dustin breakfast in bed. See that sauce on top of his pancakes? That would be cream cheese frosting. Breakfast style. It was pretty much fantastic.

Then I made too much bread. Hooray for freezers! This is actually the bread before I baked it. I burnt alot of those rolls by the way.

Here's my face. I was in the middle of cutting tomatoes. Thanks Dustin.

These are Crash Hot Potatoes. Dig it. Probably the best part of our Easter feast.

Mickey says it's time to roast these darling cherry tomatoes. I listened. He always has the best advice.

A completed meal. Oh yea, we had ham as well but all I did was stick it in the oven for a few hours so I didn't take any pictures of it. It looked lame anyways. Everything tasted wonderful and Dustin ate so much that he was groaning with pain (and happiness??) afterwards.

I have been eating non-stop all day. I have to taste test everything! Also, I had to keep eating the chocolate coffee ganache to tell if I liked it or not. I'm still not sure. I'll have to have some for breakfast tomorrow to come up with a decision.

P.S. My wedding dress is a size 2. At the rate I'm going I'll have to not eat for a whole month before the wedding in order to fit into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment