Friday, March 13, 2009

Eragon!


Oh Lordy. I just finished Eragon a few nights ago and cant believe I've waited this long to read it. My brother told me to me to read it ages ago when he stole it from a store back when he was very much into that kinda thing. Stealing, not reading fantasy novels. Hes still very much into fantasy. Then the hubby kept telling me to read it after he got the audio on his MP3 player and listened to it all.


I bought the book a little before we moved from Boise. I figured I'd read it on the plane since it was like eleventy billion hours long. I ended up reading the book my boss gave me instead for some reason. The Story of Edgar Sawtelle. Read it. It was good. Sad and depressing but very good. And it has an Oprah approved sticker on it and you know she rules the world.


I ended up not reading Eragon until after I finished Edgar Sawtelle and Wicked. I was waiting for Son of a Witch to get to me after I ordered it from Amazon. It actually arrived the day after I started Eragon so I just decided to read them at the same time. A little confusing at times since I end up mixing up storylines and characters but it wasnt too bad. Im actually still reading Son of a Witch cause I got way more caught up in Eragon. And Son of a Witch isnt as good as Wicked in my opinion. *shrug*


But Eragon, oh my god! Love love love it! And it was written by this 15 year old homeschooled freak from Montana?! Geez. Now hes older obviously but still. He writes amazing well and doesnt try to seem older than he is by using unnecessarily big words and long paragraphs of boring scenery description. I hate that shit. Thats probably why I'm not to fond of reading The Lord of the Rings. Now I'm reading the second book, Eldest which is about 1000 pages long. Crazy. I dont know if I could ever write that much. This kid makes me feel like I've done nothing with my life. I write alot but I have a problem with most people reading what I write. I'm too critical of what I write and I wouldnt be able to take other people's critique. Plus, I change my writing style constantly and I never know how I wanna write anything out.


AND if I take classes it would make me hate it. I cant just write whenever someone tells me to. I have to have motivation and be inspired. If you tell me to do something I will want to rebel just because. I've always been that way. Even if I wanna do it, if you tell me to I guess it takes the fun out of it and I just dont want to do it anymore. Weird, I know.


But anyways, read Eragon if you havent already and you like fantasy and reading. I dont get people that hate reading and I probably never will. Most likely they just havent found something that sparks their interest. Little bro Brandon hates reading but will read a Guinness World Records book from cover to cover. Hes way into weird facts about shizzzzzz. I adore him:

Goodness gracious, I can't wait to see this wonderfully beautiful little boy again!

1 comment:

  1. Maura again... Dena said you were looking for comments.. LOL

    read that you like fantasy novels..

    Have you read the Dark Elf series by R.A. Salvatore? he has written a ton of books. easy reading and probably available in the library.

    I personally recommend The Spearwielder's Tale.. though it's not part of the dark elf series.. it's kinda an offshoot in and of itself.

    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=r.a+salvatore&x=12&y=15

    ReplyDelete