Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Today O!K, Maxplus, The Grace and Soup Soup

Finally, after 4 or 5 days or thunder and pouring rain, its sunny outside! And I am, of course, indoors. I have been baking today because I love love love it! Im in the process of making Red Velvet Cake Balls. I got the idea from Bakerella.blogspot.com. Its pretty much the best blog ever. Go check it out if you like to bake and/or decorate cutesy desserts. Or if you're just hungry.
This past weekend it was raining super hard. So we finally decided to buy an umbrella. We got a clear one so we can still see in front of our faces. Dustin isnt used to umbrellas, being from Arizona and all. Somehow he ended up being the one holding it over our heads. Except it wasnt over my head at all. Oh well.

We took a long drive and checked out The Living Design Square which I had been to before with a few of the girls here and heres where you can see it: http://www.okinawahai.com/my_weblog/2008/09/living-design-s.html

It basically consists of three different furniture and home goods stores. We ended up buying chopsticks there. Mine are dark brown wood with the tops decorated like pink candy canes. They're so cute its ridiculous. Dustin got clear plastic ones with decorative black squares on the top. We feel very trendy now. I would post a picture of them but my camera sucks at close ups so you wouldnt even be able to see the detail. So here's a picture Dustin took of my face:


We went to the restaurant there called Soup Soup which was amazing and pretty cheap. We got....soup. Duh. It was really good.
Mine came with rice, salad and a piece of the lightest cheesecake I've ever had.
We also got some apple and ginger herbal tea which made us hot sweaty messes cause Japanese stores dont turn on their A/Cs in the winter even when its 70 degrees out and flippin' humid as hell. Silly bitches.

Then we took an opposite way to get back because I thought the mall was down that road. It wasnt. We ended up at Camp Foster which wound up being ok because we were able to get our Yen on before we went on our search for the mall. I realized which road it was and Dustin drove unhappily cause he actually wanted to go home. lol I started to doubt my directions when we were driving for awhile and I didnt see anything I recognized. It was only one time that I went and it was about 2 months ago. This was our conversation the whole drive there:
Me: I'm pretty sure its this way. Those trees look familiar.
Dustin: Ok.
Me: Are you mad?
Dustin: No.
Me: Are you annoyed?
Dustin: No.
Me: Your face looks like something bad. I'm pretty damn sure its this way!
Dustin: Baby, I'm fine. Cant you see the smile on my face?? (tries to put on a smile but just ends up looking constipated)
Me: Ok....but are you cross??
Dustin: No.
Me: Dustin, if this is the wrong way will you be cross with me?
Dustin: Maybe...
Me: But BABY! I dont want you to be cross with me! Dont be cross with me! I cant live if you're ever cross with me!

Then we would get distracted by our music and start singing along to Everybody Wants to Be a Cat from the Aristocats. I basically just wanted to say "cross" every two seconds. It was my word of the day. But eventually we did find the only mall (i think) on the island. I yelled, "I see it!!!!" and then proceded to dance in relief.

I didnt want Dustin to be cross with me if I lead him on a wild goose chase to find some mysterious mall! Heres some pictures I took for Brittany at the mall:
Actually, this was at Today O!K. It was covering almost all the the little kids' desks they were selling there.

This is from the place I bought Brittany's bday present at. But, shhhh! Dont tell her.

And now my friends...I leave you with this:

Mmmm. Theres nothing I love better than Balz coffee. NOTHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment