Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patty's Day!!

I'm not Irish in the least bit but back in the day my mom would make us corned beef and cabbage for St. Patty's Day. One year I decided to help by making green biscuits. The younger siblings werent too keen on eating those. Only Brittany who, at that time, ate everything. And very slowly. And created artwork with her food because she's just always been creative like that. Dustyloo and I hated it though because we werent allowed to be excused until everyone was done eating. Stupid Brittany.

So, today I plan on making corned beef and cabbage for the first time ever. It seems easy enough so I should be fine. I'm mostly better at baking because thats what I prefer to eat but sometimes I hit gold with dinner. Dustin's better at making up recipies though. He actually has award winning chili. Sure, it was PMEL award winning but thats still pretty good since it was his first time ever making chili. And it was hella good people. Oh my word, was it good.

I'm also making green biscuits because I have green food coloring and because I can.

I found a new favourite food blog! http://www.joythebaker.com I found it this morning somehow and I've been looking through it all day. Its amazing. I have a new obsession with food blogs. And every time I find a new one that I really really like, its like getting a brand new cook book filled with beautiful pictures. Its like a gift from the Universe for being so amazingly Tara.

These amazing blogs are going to help with my planning of THE BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!!! What's that? You mean you havent heard of my plan for the most amazing Christmas ever? It started on Christmas day '08 which was ranked the WORST CHRISTMAS EVER by T&D Santillan. We spent it without friends and family in a hotel room eating cup of noodles and watching season 2 of 30 Rock. Oh, and I had an allergy attack all day that made me wanna die. It was pretty dreary. So we decided to make this next Christmas beyond amazing. Even though our friends and family wont be here. We may have made friends here by that point. Maybe.

This blog will help too: http://www.hostessblog.com So maybe we'll have a party or something. I deffinetly wanna have one now after looking through this blog. Gah...I need friends here so we can have parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment