Monday, March 30, 2009

Giant snails!

Ok. I love snails. I used to collect them with Dusty and Britt when we were littles. We kept a few as pets and fed them lettuce and would eventually lose them. Lucky for me there are masses of snails here. They're actually Giant African Land snails! Its pretty awesome. I haven't seen many big ones but the other day, while he was walking Apollo, Dustin found a good sized one. The biggest one I've ever seen.

I know they get bigger than this but I was pretty excited. It was gross but that didn't keep me from poking at it's eyes. Leave me alone...I like touching their eyes.

The snails tend to come out when it rains. And it pretty much rains every day here. It was pouring the day Dustin found the big one and the sidewalk was literally covered in little baby snails. It was so cute. We had to stop walking to the car at one point so that Dustin could stack 3 snails on top of each other with the biggest one on the bottom. It was silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment